Thursday, January 7, 2010

Twelve Days of Christmas

Dec. 25: I opened presents with my family, ate tons of delicious food (shrimp dip, piglets in a blanket, crab), and went to Mass at the Church of the Resurrection, the parish of my youth.

Dec. 26: I spent a lovely day with my mom at the mall.

Dec. 27: I had lunch with my extended family, and went on an evening adventure with a bunch of my friends from high school.

Dec. 28: I finally got a Zhu Zhu pet, and wandered the streets of San Jose with Morgan, eventually ending up in the lounge of the Fairmont for a drink.

Dec. 29: I enjoyed a proper afternoon tea hosted by Alissa.

Dec. 30: I had dinner with more high school friends, bringing the total number of high school friends seen in a four-day period to 14.

Dec. 31: I visited my grandmother, and celebrated the East Coast new year with California sparkling wine with my family (since Mom wouldn't have made it to midnight).

Jan. 1: I took the train to Sacramento for Emily's bridal shower, and was delighted to catch up with so many ADX girls.

Jan. 2: My family and I worked together to un-decorate the house, which was refreshing.

Jan. 3: After Mass, Mom and I ate donuts at the Wheel, our favorite donut shop.

Jan. 4: I slept in, made coffee, completed a crossword puzzle and not much else.

Jan. 5: I pretended I was a house elf and did a bunch of chores around the house.

No comments: