Thursday, January 7, 2010

Tenacious Twenty-Ten

My resolutions for 2010 remain unchanged from last year. That is not to say that I have not progressed in the past year; rather, these goals are, for the most part, long-term:
  • Keep in touch with friends
  • Get to know D.C. like a local
  • Read for pleasure
  • Use my time wisely
  • Pray without ceasing
  • Make healthy choices
Continuing my attempt to "get to know D.C. like a local," I have added some new locations to my "To-Do List," which can be found in the right-hand column of my blog. Here are my additions:
I am a little embarrassed to admit that I have not yet done some of these things after a year-and-a-half in D.C.! Rounding out my list, I still need to visit the Corcoran Gallery, the Holocaust Memorial Museum, the Newseum, and the White House. Oh, and see more than five minutes of a Supreme Court oral argument. We'll see how many of these I can accomplish, considering that I'm taking 16 units this semester and will be interning 10 hours each week with the Washington Legal Clinic for the Homeless. Speaking of which, here are my classes for spring semester:
  • Constitutional Law II
  • International Environmental Law
  • International Law II
  • Negotiations
  • Refugee Law and Policy
I'll post my thoughts on the classes after the first week of school. I still have over a week in California--what a gloriously long break! California kids, give me a call if you're in the Bay Area and would like to hang out.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That looks like a heavy class load! I'm cutting down from three to two classes for this semester.

Christopher said...

I would recommend reading up on the Unknown Soldiers before seeing the changing of the guard and learning who lived in Arlington House before the army invaded.