I was called on today in my Civil Procedure class, and survived! The professor kept me and my classmate sitting next to me on call for the entire hour-and-a-half (though sometimes calling on other people). I didn't take very many notes, because I was too busy concentrating on every word he said to make sure I'd be able to answer his questions, which are sometimes cryptic. For example, when trying to ask me about the role of traditional tests for personal jurisdiction, all he said was "Fiddler on the Roof?" I stared at him, utterly perplexed, until he said with gusto, "Tradition!" Gah, I should have gotten that! There were definitely some questions I couldn't answer, but he nonetheless told me "Good job" after class, which was a relief.
The other cool thing that happened today was SNOW! It snowed for five minutes or so around lunchtime. I was in the library when it started, and once I caught sight of it from a window, I packed up all of my things, ran down four flights of stairs, and stood in our little quad, gawking at the sky. The only other time I had seen snow fall was on the Spring 2006 Newman retreat (iTune into God), so I was very excited. The snow melted as soon as it touched the ground, but there were definitely little flakes clinging to my Cal sweatshirt! So pretty! A man walking by spotted me and, gesturing toward my sweatshirt, commented, " I bet you don't see this too often in Berkeley." True story, sir.
3 comments:
That's because it's warm at California. I'm going swimming after school and I'm currently wearing flip flops. It's beautiful and WARM.
The fiddler on the roof? Tradition? I would have missed it too. What I wouldn't have missed is if he started singing the matchmaker song followed by if i were a rich man. Now that would have been awesome. Oh man, envisioning this lady doing that right now...
That seems very stressful, the exact opposite of my classes today that I kept nodding off in. Snow is great! I still get excited when I see it snow and it is nothing new for me. Us Californians bonded today over having to drive to school with snow on the roads, many of us for the first time.
i love you amanda! congrats on getting a "good job" in civil procedure. you're my hero. and wonderful op ed. muah. i miss you.
Post a Comment