I finished the bar exam! The past three days haven't been too bad. The essays were fair--nothing out of left field--and I even got a couple of topics that I was hoping for (though, I also got my least favorite topic). I always enjoy the performance tests, because it reminds me of my past internships. The big question in my mind is the MBE--I can never tell how I did on the multiple choice.
Yesterday, a fire alarm went off at the Santa Clara Convention Center (where I took the bar exam) with a half hour to go in our morning MBE. It was pretty ridiculous. First they told us to evacuate, then they told us to stay put. It only took a few minutes to get the alarm to stop, but the flashing lights continued for an additional ten minutes. And, the proctors were all buzzing about, trying to figure out what was going on. It was rather distracting, but thankfully I only had a couple of questions left at that point, so I wasn't upset when then didn't even give us extra time to make up for the disruption. I was rather amused that the incident made Above the Law.
At any rate, it's over, and now I can relax and wait for the results (mid-November). Thanks to everyone for the ongoing support. Your prayers and encouragement have meant a lot to me these past few months.
I'm excited that I'll be taking a small bar trip with my mommy this weekend to Los Angeles. I scored tickets to Monday's taping of Conan, and I am really looking forward to it! I have been a fan of Conan for so long... It will be great to see him in person! Plus, Harrison Ford is one of Monday's guests. We're staying at the Millennium Biltmore, which looks like a swanky place. I wish I had time to visit SoCal friends while I am in town, but I'll be spending all of my time with my mom, so I guess I will simply have to make time for another LA trip soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment