- I got a very short haircut, which I'm enjoying immensely. It is so nice to not have hair on my neck! I told the stylist that I didn't want any hair past my jawline, and she did a great job.
- I did a series of informational interviews with immigration non-profits in the Bay Area while I was in town for Spring Break. No one was hiring, but I got some good information about what it's like in the field, and about public interest law in general.
- I tried out a delicious, yet simple, sautéed shrimp recipe from my new cookbook, and had Brad and Marie over for dinner. Yum!
- The CSA had Fr. Ray Schroth, the author of a new biography on Fr. Bob Drinan, come speak at an event. I enjoyed learning more about Fr. Drinan, and even got a signed copy of the book.
- My journal hosted a symposium on the intersection of legal education and poverty law, which was very successful.
- It started to feel like spring, but then regressed to winter. Snow in late March?! I do not approve.
- I did some trash clean-up at Kenilworth Park and Aquatic Gardens, which is so beautiful! We sorted and bagged over a dozen giant bags of trash and recyclables. I really wish people would stop littering.
There are many more things that I could talk about: e.g., getting addicted to John Grisham novels, journal bake sale tabling for prisoner literacy, planning the CSA budget, Bluebooking, crashing the Tax Journal's end-of-year party, handing out free St. Patrick's Day cookies, sooo much report editing... But, I don't want to ramble.
In other news, there are five weeks of classes left, and I graduate in 55 days. Our human rights report launch is in two weeks, and we have a ton of amazing advocacy meetings lined up with D.C. policy makers. It's definitely starting to feel like the home stretch, and I'm excited! Please keep my job search in your prayers--I have an interview this Friday (which I don't want to blog about until after the fact).

1 comment:
"March to Victory," that sounds like something the California Golden Bears would do.
I am glad the symposium went well and the report was sent off successfully. Now, what are you going to do with all this free time on your hands?
Stylistically, I would not link to a person's blog (Brad's) in a post if there is a paucity of recent posts on that blog. However, if Brad is a semi-regular reader linking could spark a resurgence of his blog. He was an interesting person when I met him and I would hope his blog would continue the pattern.
Post a Comment