It was great to honor Hasa, our outgoing editor-in-chief, for all of the hard work he has put in this year. I hope that we can continue lead the journal in a good direction next year. I think my managing editor position will be a lot of work, but well worth it.
I was very surprised during the banquet when I was given a trophy for all of the community service I've done for the journal this year! Ha ha, I don't think I've received a trophy since high school. It has my name on it and everything:

A bunch of us went out after the banquet to the lounge downstairs at Saint-Ex. At first, it was a pretty empty bar, but it rapidly turned into a dance party, which was fun. It was nice to relax with friends for the evening, what with next week being the last week of school, and final exams starting up on the 5th. Madness! There is much work to be done over the next few weeks, but it'll be fine. It's just a matter of pacing myself.
My last final is a paper due on the 18th, but I'm not flying out to California until the 22nd--so, D.C. kids, let's hang out! It'll be fun to pretend to be a tourist for a few days, and maybe even check off a few more things from my to-do list...
3 comments:
So, after May 22 when should find a time to hang out.
:D yayyy Maybe I'll get to see you since we'll be on the same coast :D
Congrats on the trophy!
To steal someone's phrase, Look at you! Winning a trophy and helping people!
Post a Comment