Sunday, December 6, 2009

Finding My Stride

I just found my stride in studying for final exams. I felt a little flutter of excitement in my stomach while reviewing my Tax Law notes just now. It was one of those "ah ha" moments where the reality of where I am and what I'm doing washes over me--wow, I'm in law school in Washington, D.C., only a year-and-a-half away from becoming a lawyer. Why do we grumble so much about final exams, when it is such a privilege to be here? As students, our job is to learn! We are so fortunate. I am reminded of the thrill that I get when I bring home new textbooks at the beginning of a semester. There is so much potential. It is important to harness that same energy and excitement at the end of the semester, to finish as strongly as I started.

3 comments:

Susan said...

Wow, that's great! Unfortunately I haven't had that moment yet...I think it's too early in my program :)

Good luck on your finals!

Anonymous said...

I certainly know what you mean. Unfortunately, I really feel that the right place for me to learn is in a research rather than a coursework context, so I still find final exams somewhat of a waste of time, as I could be doing more useful things. I have two this semester, but they shouldn't be too stressful.

Unknown said...

THis is so true, and very inspiring :-) Thanks for the words of wisdom, it's hard to keep that in perspective sometimes ( the privilege of being able to study and have these experiences). Good luck with exams, I hope that it all goes well!! :)