Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Strolling Through the Garden

The weather has been so gorgeous in DC the past few days--in the 60s! I hadn't realized how much I would miss sunshine here. I don't think I have a seasonal affective disorder, per se, but going for walks in the sunshine has brought me a lot of otherwise inexplicable joy.

I went to the United States Botanical Garden on Friday on a whim. I think my favorite area was the Orchid House, though the Jungle was pretty neat, too. (I was sorely tempted by the hanging vines.) I'm curious to see what the outdoor garden looks like in full bloom; right now, it's pretty scraggly. Frankly, I like the UC Botanical Garden better, because it is almost entirely outdoors and has wildlife as well, but the gigantic U.S. Botanical Garden greenhouse is pretty cool in its own right.

I was working really hard last weekend, because Monday was the due date not only for the draft of my Legal Research and Writing Brief, but also for my Resident Fellow application. I hope I get an interview--I would really like to live in Gewirz again (the Georgetown Law dorm) next year as an RF (read: RA). We should find out about interviews by the end of the week! Wish I could say the same about my summer job search, though; still waiting to hear back from employers, and still applying to more jobs in the meantime. I'm looking forward to the upcoming five-day weekend... I think it'll be a little more sane than this past weekend. (Thank you, Presidents' Day and Georgetown Law staff retreat!)

1 comment:

Susan said...

FIVE day weekend?? lucky duck! :P