Grades come out on Wednesday. On the surface, I've been fairly nonchalant about it, but, deep down, I'm nervous. I tried my best last semester, but I have absolutely no idea how I did. There is a little part inside of me--and, I think many of my peers feel the same way--that worries that I am an "impostor," that I'm simply not good enough, that I don't really belong here. Rationally, I know that I am qualified to be here, but I went through the same bout of nervousness during my first semester at Berkeley. I just hope that Wednesday's outcome is a relief, rather than a letdown. I am bracing myself to be satisfied no matter what, and am trying to rely on God for my strength and happiness. Even Jesus, after all, does not judge us by superficial, human standards.
"You judge by appearances, but I do not judge anyone."Amen.
- John 8: 15
4 comments:
Hey love, I know exactly how you feel. Either way (good outcome or let down) we have to look at it in terms of glorifying God, but it's so hard to not feel defined by grades/academicness. :) Will be praying for a GREAT outcome!
Thanks, Molly. :-)
I was complaining about not having our grades from less than two weeks ago. I would hate to have to wait that long for grades. Anyways it is in the past and you know you are meant for Law school regardless of grades.
Although I'm certain you'll do fine on Wednesday, Amanda, just strive to keep in mind that whatever unfolds will be God's Will ... a purposeful and always benevolent manifestation of His love and direction for you. It will be what God, in His omniscience and unconditional love, deems best for you ... even if we don't always immediately understand why. God truly is our Shepherd ... and in Faith, we follow. Everything will be fine. Love, Uncle
Post a Comment