The tough thing about the past couple of days is how cold it has been! Seriously, it was 12 degrees on Friday, with wind chill bringing it down to 1 degree--the coldest it has been in five years! Not the best day to be walking all over the city, to say the least. The only good thing about it was that the weather scared off a lot of would-be tourists, such that we didn't wait in a line all day! That being said, I'm looking forward to the return of temperatures in the 30s. Never thought I'd say that.
Sunday, January 18, 2009
Inauguration Weekend, Part I
The past couple of days, I have been touring D.C. frenetically with my friend Alissa, whom I've known since middle school. (Alissa is crashing with me this week for the Inauguration.) So far, we have managed to see the Capitol, Congressional office buildings, the Library of Congress, the Supreme Court, the parade route, and the National Archives... all in two days! Click on the photo of the Capitol below to be taken to a Facebook album of the photos I have taken along the way.

The tough thing about the past couple of days is how cold it has been! Seriously, it was 12 degrees on Friday, with wind chill bringing it down to 1 degree--the coldest it has been in five years! Not the best day to be walking all over the city, to say the least. The only good thing about it was that the weather scared off a lot of would-be tourists, such that we didn't wait in a line all day! That being said, I'm looking forward to the return of temperatures in the 30s. Never thought I'd say that.
The tough thing about the past couple of days is how cold it has been! Seriously, it was 12 degrees on Friday, with wind chill bringing it down to 1 degree--the coldest it has been in five years! Not the best day to be walking all over the city, to say the least. The only good thing about it was that the weather scared off a lot of would-be tourists, such that we didn't wait in a line all day! That being said, I'm looking forward to the return of temperatures in the 30s. Never thought I'd say that.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Looked for you in the crowds at the Lincoln Memorial concert TV coverage today. Thought I saw you in the crowds brushing the icicles off of your camera while you took pix. Very cool (literally!) event. You're missing all the warm weather here in CA though. Incredibly we had temps in the 70s (breaking all records for January). Have fun at the Inauguration on Tuesday. Stay warm and enjoy being part of history. Love, Uncle
seriously-- I've been in Ny this week and like 26 has become WARM. Wow, We're such california girls!
Post a Comment