Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Your Friend Forever

"My guest tonight wants to help underprivileged kids go to college. Well, if they major in English, they'll become underprivileged adults."
- Stephen Colbert (season 4, episode 157)
Harsh words, Mr. Colbert--especially coming from a theater major! I thought you would have more respect for those of us in the humanities, particularly in light of your honorary Doctorate of Fine Arts, but I guess I was wrong. I'm not going to lie, Stephen, I'm a little disappointed in you.

In other news,

I survived my first law school final exam! Huzzah!

It wasn't that bad, to be frank. The questions were fair, I was capable of answering the questions, and no major disasters transpired. It was a good way to start off final exam season. My Torts professor is so sweet, by the way. He's one of those older professors who reminds you of your favorite grandparent. At the end of a handout that he gave us going over the exam instructions, he wrote, "Have a great holiday after. Feel free to contact me in future years if I can be of any help at all. -- Your friend forever, Paul." My friend forever?! Could he be any nicer? I think not.

Anyhow, I am ten days and two exams away from winter break, my family, and everything that I miss about California! :-) Now, time to study some Constitutional Law.

4 comments:

Susan said...

YAY!

Though I'm not going to lie, "your friend forever" sounds kinda creepy :P

Unknown said...

Oh, no, if you met this professor, it would be clear how endearing he is... not creepy!

http://www.law.georgetown.edu/faculty/facinfo/tab_faculty.cfm?Status=Faculty&ID=318

cinr said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
cinr said...

so i'm not something you miss about California? ouch