Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Putting the "bleh" in "blepharospasm"

My eyelid is twitching, which is really distracting. I decided to research it--because pretty much anything seems more enticing than outlining my Torts class right now--and, according to WebMD, it seems that I have created for myself a perfect storm for eyelid twitches, also known as a blepharospasm:
"Eyelid twitches may be aggravated by having dry eyes. They may also be worsened by stress, lack of sleep, caffeine, and harsh light conditions."
My eyes are dry from reading all day with my contacts in, I'm (just maybe) a little overworked due to finals, I haven't gotten enough sleep the past couple of nights, I had a tasty peppermint mocha earlier, and the fluorescent light above my desk is garish.

Go figure.

3 comments:

cinr said...

Well I'll be praying that the eye twitches go away. Yummy to the peppermint mocha! My work is going to start making EggNog Lattes and S'mores Lattes, plus we have Andees mints to add to our mint drinks, I love holiday drinks!

Susan said...

I hope your eye calms down! I bet it just wants attention...maybe it wants to be an actor? And if you ever need some non-law, non-stress reading I have grad essays that would love to be glanced over by a wannabe eye actor :-)

And get some rest!

Anonymous said...

Peppermint Mocha is the single greatest accomplishment of human civilization, no contest.