Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Moonset


I've caught some good sunset views from my window here on the 8th floor of Gewirz, but this is the first decent moonset, if you will. A pleasant reminder that it is indeed October.

The weekend was balanced. On Saturday, I explored Eastern Market with Donna, which was essentially a flea market, a farmer's market, and an arts-and-crafts fair rolled into one. I did some successful negotiating (a.k.a., haggling) at the flea market. We also ventured into Georgetown proper--the area near the university itself (as opposed to the law school) is filled with shops and restaurants. Sunday and Monday were primarily devoted to homework, but at a less grueling pace than a two-day weekend would have allowed (thank you, Columbus Day).

On Sunday, Mike and I were able to chat with Fr. Kevin O'Brien, S.J., the Executive Director of Campus Ministry for Georgetown University, about our endeavors to start a small group Bible study at the law school. He happened to be presiding over the Mass at our little chapel because Fr. Alexei was out of town. Fr. Kevin was very encouraging and offered his support, which I appreciated. We're meeting on Wednesday--keep us in your prayers!

No comments: