Sunday, September 21, 2008

Quotable Professors

I thought I'd share some quotable statements that I jotted down this week from my professors...

"The definition of a lawyer is a person who sees five things where everyone else sees only one." - Torts professor, on the ability of lawyers to break up complex ideas into individual elements

“This isn't the Hoboken School of law, thankfully. Hoboken School of Law is a fabulous law school, but it’s in New Jersey.” - Civil Procedure professor, referencing a running joke about the fictitious Hoboken School of Law

“We live in a messy, dependent, qualified world that requires messy, dependent, qualified sentences.” - Legal Research and Writing professor, in a rather lucid moment

3 comments:

Molly said...

when I take notes I label quotes like this as WOW -- words of wisdom.

Carla said...

Is that a school were all those who didn't get into law school go?

Erin said...

when I made Chris the hobo gloves, his dad said that by wearing them, he was from Hoboken. and then we made up a Hoboken theme song...I'll sing it to you some time :)